A pellet stove is a stove that burns compressed wood or biomass pellets to create a source of heat for residential and sometimes industrial spaces. By slowly feeding fuel from a storage container (hopper) into a burn-pot area, they create a constant flame that requires little to no physical adjustments. All Solpellet Pellet stoves are automatically controlled and feature IR remote control for convenience.
There 3 basic designs of pellet Stove;
- Air Stoves which radiate heat and utilise fans to heat the surrounding space.
- Ducted Air Stoves that provide warm air heating throughout the house via ducting.
- Hydro Stoves that connect to central heating pipes and radiators to heat the whole house.(click to see layout diagram)
Due to the rising costs of traditional fossil fuels in recent years, Biomass and wood pellets as a source of domestic central heating has drastically increased in popularity. Fuel costs can be reduced by 50% compared to oil and gas.
Benefits compared to traditional sources of heating are:
- Environment A wood pellet stove burns cleanly. Compared to other heating appliances that burn solid fuel, wood pellet stoves emit the lowest amount of pollutants, there is little smell, no smoke enters the room and burning pellets does not create creosote. Ash trays only need emptying 1 -2 times per week on average.
- Fuel costs are lower. 2kg of pellets provides the same heat as 1lt of oil currently costs are roughly half (2kg pellets 48cents & 1 litre oil 97cents) The pellets are made in specific pellet manufacturing plants the number of which has grown significantly. A 15kg bag costs between 3 and 5 euros. These bags also store cleanly and are very easy to handle. This is certainly not the case with small logs used for traditional wood stoves and fireplaces.
- Autonomy Pellet fires feed from a hopper which depending on use, can be loaded just once a day, the fire controls the delivery of pellets to the firepot where the flame is constantly regulated. Pellet fires can be programmed to turn on and off automatically, so you’ll never come home to a cold house again.
- Efficiency One of the main benefits of wood pellet stoves is their efficiency. These stoves have an industry average efficiency rating of 85 percent, most SolPellet pellet stoves perform in excess of 90% efficiency due to their high tech design and fabrication.
- Simply put : Pellet stoves provide more heat, the heat is constant, and the costs are lower.
SolPellet only supply and install High Quality Italian made Pellet Stoves in the Murcia, Alicante and Almeria regions of Southern Spain.
Call us on +34 697949519 or Email email@example.com for a no obligation chat to discuss your pellet stove requirements.
All SolPellet Pellet Stoves are available in a choice of colours, power outputs and designs which are guaranteed to suit any home.
All Solpellet pellet stoves are built to the highest European certification.
To see our full product range please browse Our Products page